There’s nothing nice about coming home to a hot, stuffy house. Some people may avoid turning on their AC out of fear that they’ll drive up their electricity bill. And it’s even worse when they finally do go to cool things off only to discover there’s no cool air coming from their system.
If your air conditioner isn’t making cool air, there’s a problem. It will not only make your home uncomfortable, but also result in high energy bills. Here are some possible reasons your AC may not be cooling.
Why Your AC Isn’t Making Cool Air
There are various reasons your air conditioner may not be producing cool air. Here are some possible issues to be aware of:
- Low refrigerant levels: Refrigerant transfers heat out of the air. If you have low refrigerant levels due to a leak, your system will struggle to create cool air.
- A dirty evaporator coil: The evaporator coil cycles refrigerant, enabling it to cool the air in your air conditioning system. But if that evaporator coil gets dirty, it prevents the refrigerant from removing any heat in the home.
- A blocked filter: If the return AC filter is clogged with dirt or debris, it stops the AC from working properly. A blocked filter inhibits airflow into the AC, giving it nothing to cool.
- A broken blower fan: Even if you have a clean filter and a working evaporator coil, a broken blower fan can cause issues for your system. Without a fan, the cool air can’t travel anywhere.
- A disconnected thermostat: A problem with your thermostat will hinder your AC’s ability to cool things off. If your thermostat can’t communicate with your AC, the system may not turn on at all.
We Can Help Keep You Cool
If something is wrong with your cooling system, it’s best to schedule an air conditioning repair. Don’t get stuck in a sweltering house! Sullivan Heating & Cooling can get you on your way to a cool home you can relax in. Our technicians have the training and the skills to do the job right.
Contact Sullivan Heating & Cooling to get your AC cooling again. We’ve been serving Bremerton, WA and the surrounding areas since 1994 and we’ve come this far by being dependable and providing quality craftsmanship.